3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups fresh cherries (other store fruits work well also: Plums, Nectarines, Peaches,Apricots)
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup milk 1/2 cup sugar (+ 2 Tbsp for sprinkling)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- Lightly brush an 11-inch round baking dish with 1 Tablespoon of the butter. Reserve theother 2 Tablespoons of butter chilled for step 4.
- Add the cherries to the buttered dish and arrange.
- Place the remaining ingredients (except for the 2 Tbsp sugar and powdered sugar) in a blender to make a smooth custard mixture.
- Pour the custard mixture over the cherries and sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of granulated sugar. Thinly slice the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter and scatter evenly over the top of the custard.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes. The top should be golden brown and the custard should be set (insert a knife and make sure it comes out clean).
- Cool slightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve warm with Chantilly or Ice Cream.