We’re excited to announce our newest European Foodie Destination… Sicily! Once you are in the country there’s no need to worry about confirmations, parking, tickets, reservations – we will take care of everything! The itineraries marry our love of terrific food, culinary adventure and great company. If you have the desire to learn something new, would like to explore beautiful villages, meet local producers and like to cook (or just eat), then this may be the perfect fit for you.
We will be meeting at the Catania Airport and begin our tour from there. Throughout the week our itinerary will cover the highlights Vally of Noto – including:
* Ispica’s Palazzo Gambuzza and the surrounding countryside famous for organic farming
* Touring Scicli and learn about the regions famous cannoli.
* Explore Modica and taste the chocolate the city is known for.
* Learn about Sicilian Cheese and taste a few varieties of wines. Did you know that Sicily has more vineyards than any other region in Italy?
* How does Sicilian Olive oil compare to other regions?
* What do they grow in all of the greenhouses? What are the Sicilian secrets for sundried tomatoes?
* What’s the difference between Gelato and Ice cream? (There will be lots of tasting!)
Foodie Adventure excursions and dates through 2017 can be found at ChefMichaelSalmon.com.